CGI Scripts by Bill Weinman
it is now
8:08 pm on Monday, 27 June 2022 in Las Vegas, Nevada
These scripts began with an online course I did for
many years ago. I have since updated that course, but alas, not this site.
Newer versions of these scripts are available with the
These scripts are mostly old, but still work well. Feel free to use them.
The scripts were designed to be simple and useful. Simple enough to
show particular techniques, and useful enough to use on your web site. The
scripts are progressively more complex as you go down the list.
- A small script for testing a web server's CGI support
- Shows the current date and time (above)
- Fun with random taglines (below)
- A text counter -- for learning about scripts that read and write files
- A script for entering and displaying web blogs
- A nice contact form for your web site
script says that you are visitor number